MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 229
THE 2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTION - Tuesday, March 14, 2017
The Candidate qualification period for the March 14, 2017 municipal election is Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:00 PM through Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM. The districts up for election are District 1, 2, and 3. Contact the City Clerk's office for a copy of the 2017 candidate handbook.
- Elections for District 1 and 3 commissioners are held in odd-numbered years on the second Tuesday in March.
- Elections for Districts 2 and 4 are held in even-numbered years, again on the second Tuesday in March.
- The reason District 2 is holding an election in 2017 (an odd-numbered year) is because of the appointment of Larry Lunn to the District 2 seat after the resignation of District 2 Commissioner Tim Ramsberger in 2016.
- The mayor is elected city-wide every three years. Next mayoral election is 2018.
- A district commissioner is elected by registered voters only within that district.
- Voters in all districts can vote for mayor.
Each Treasure Island district corresponds to a precinct. Some precincts encompass several neighborhoods but generally Isle of Capri is Precinct 406, Isle of Palms and Sunshine Beach is Precinct 407, Paradise Island and downtown is Precinct 408 and Sunset Beach and Gulf Boulevard south of Isle of Palms is Precinct 409. To find your precinct, click for the map HERE.
For more information, including sample ballots, please visit www.votepinellas.com.