MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 221
The Treasure Island Finance Department serves as a passport acceptance facility for the U.S. Department of State, Passport Services. Applications are processed between the hours of 9am and 3pm, Monday through Friday, at 120 108th Avenue, Treasure Island. It is strongly recommended to call the Help Desk number and set up an appointment first. Detailed information regarding current requirements and fees, Consular information sheets and downloadable application forms can also be found on the U.S. Department of State website - http://www.travel.state.gov/.
Passport Books and Passport Cards
Customers have the option of applying for a passport book, a passport card or both. The passport card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. The passport card will provide a less expensive, more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations. The Passport Card cannot be used for international travel by air.
How Long Passports Are Valid
- Adults (16 years of age and older) - Ten (10) years
- Children (15 years and younger) - Five (5) years
Passport Processing - Average Time Requirements
- Expedited processing: 2 to 3 weeks
- Regular processing: 4 to 6 weeks
- During busier times, such as the summer travel season, the U.S. Department of State encourages customers to expedite their applications if traveling in less than 4 weeks.
- Call 1-877-487-2778 from 6am-Midnight EST, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays), or
- Check online at http://www.travel.state.gov
You must apply in person and complete the Passport Application Form DS-11 if any of the following are true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen
Proof of Citizenship (Provide one of the following)
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Certified copy of your birth certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization
Proof of Identity (Provide one of the following)
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Valid Driver's License (A temporary license does not meet this requirement.)
- Government Employee identification card
- Official US Military card
- Current (valid) foreign passport
- FAA's pilot's license
- Certificate of Naturalization with photo attached
Note: If you cannot prove your identity as outlined above, you must bring:
- An Identifying Witness (a relative or someone who has a valid Driver's License) who has known you for at least two years.
- This witness will be required to sign an "Affidavit of Identifying Witness" form.