MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 250
How do I apply for reclaimed water service?
- To request an application packet, contact Pinellas County Utilities Customer Service at (727) 464-4000, by e-mail or online. The packets cannot be faxed or sent electronically.
- The completed application must be received before any connections can be made to a reclaimed water service box.
- After the application is approved, a Pinellas County representative will install the hose connection in the reclaimed water box near the street. A partial cross-connection inspection will be completed.
- Customers can connect to the reclaimed water system even if they do not have an underground sprinkler system by requesting a hose connection kit.
- For information about additional hose connections, call Technical Services at (727) 464-5848.
- Treasure Island uses the south county reclaimed water connection. South County Reclaimed Water Connection Diagram.
Reclaimed water is acceptable for use in:
- Irrigating lawns and most landscaping.
- Washing of cars, boats, or heavy equipment. It is recommended that after the use of reclaimed water, vehicles are rinsed with potable water and towel dried to prevent spotting.
- Washing of roofs and buildings.
- Use in fountains and decorative pools (they must be clearly marked as containing reclaimed water).
- Consumption by humans.
- Bathing, cooking or toilet flushing in residential dwellings.
- Any interconnection with another water source.
- Recreational use involving body contact (i.e. swimming pools or outdoor showers).
- Irrigation of vegetables or other edible crops which are not peeled, cooked, or thermally processed before being consumed.
- Run off into or filling of swimming pools.
- Click HERE for reclaimed water rules.