MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 228
CITY CLERK 727-547-4575 ext. 229
The Treasure Island City Commission created an ad hoc Treasure Island Vision Plan Stewardship Committee to meet as needed to facilitate community meetings to provide educational information on the various City questions being placed before the voters at the November 2016 general election. In addition, the Committee may distribute such factual materials on the various referendum questions which shall be reviewed by the City Attorney for compliance with relevant statutes.
- The Stewardship Committee will serve as a liaison between the residents, community groups, and the business community on matters involving referendum questions.
- The Stewardship Committee shall consist of up to fifteen (15) members who need not be electors of Treasure Island. The Mayor and commissioners may each nominate up to three members for appointment by a majority of the commissioners present.
- The Committee shall serve until the completion of the November 2016 general election. Once the election is completed, the Committee shall automatically expire.
- The Committee does not have an identified funding source/funds budgeted for this fiscal year. The City Manager may use Contingency funds to pay for printing and mailing of education materials and other miscellaneous expenses. The Committee is encouraged to make use of the City's website as a resource for the distribution of educational information.
- The City Clerk or designee shall serve as the secretary to the Committee.