December 4, 2017 - Treasure Island and its white, sandy beaches on the Gulf of Mexico will experience a bowl game invasion during the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl event week when the small town, big beach community hosts the Battle at the Beach. The invasion will take place at the City of Treasure Island's Gulf Front Park at 10400 Gulf Blvd on Tuesday, December 19 from 1pm - 4pm and is free for all to attend.
This action packed invasion will include both participating bowl teams along with their bands, cheerleaders and dance squads involved in friendly, but fiercely competitive events. Returning for the tenth consecutive year is the highly popular player belly flop contest that always draws the largest crowds and along with the coveted bragging rights for the winner and his team.
To cap off the day is a free concert by Ryan Weaver. The high-energy, all-American, rockin' country music artist from Inverness has opened up for Charlie Daniels and George Jones, sang at the Grand Ole Opry and is currently the Patriotic Voice of PBR (Professional Bull Riding Association) and is sponsored by Bad Boy Mowers.
"We are thrilled to host the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl's Battle at the Beach," said Treasure Island Mayor Bob Minning. "Treasure Island's beach is a beautiful setting for this great event and we welcome the teams, their alumni, family and fans. We believe that this event will be a tremendous success and we look forward to continuing our partnership with ESPN and the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl for years to come."
The Battle at the Beach is one of many events during bowl week taking place in theTampa Bay region. This will be the first time the event takes place on Treasure Island.
"What's a trip to Florida without a visit to one of our beautiful beaches," said Brett Dulaney, Executive Director, Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. "We want to thank Mayor Minning and the residents of Treasure Island for hosting this free fun-filled afternoon."
For more information about this event and the other fan events surrounding the 2017 Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, visit GasparillaBowl.com.
Twitter : @GasparillaBowl
Hash tag: #InvadeTheBay
ESPN Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl Battle at the Beach parking information. The event is Tuesday, December 19th from 1pm to 4pm on the beach at 10400 Gulf Boulevard.
Bus Shuttle $1 per person, children under 10 years of age FREE – pay on the bus. Shuttle runs every 15 minutes.
Paradise Boulevard intersects with the Treasure Island Causeway. Park at Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis, 10315 Paradise Boulevard or next door at Paradise Lutheran Church, 10255 Paradise Boulevard.
Event Area Parking within walking distance of event
- Treasure Island Community Center, One Park Place @ 106th Avenue – metered parking and volunteer parking (with pass)
- Treasure Island Park (on the lawn parking), One Park Place @ 104th Avenue - $10 per vehicle per day (public parking and additional bus parking)
- St. Petersburg Municipal Beach, Gulf Boulevard @ 112th Avenue – metered parking
- Gulf Front Park, 10400 Gulf Boulevard – BUS PARKING ONLY
- Sandpiper Lot, Gulf Boulevard at 100th Avenue – metered parking
- Treasure Island City Hall, 120 108th Avenue
- Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis Center, 10315 Paradise Boulevard, bus shuttle and additional bus parking (if needed)
Other Metered Lots throughout City -- park and call a free beach ride
- Heron Lot, Bay Shore Drive and 75th Avenue, Sunset Beach
- Tern Lot, West Gulf Boulevard at 77th to 79th Avenue, next to Sunset Beach Pavilion
- Ring-Billed Gull Lot, West Gulf Boulevard at 81st Avenue, Sunset Beach
- Brown Pelican Lot, West Gulf Boulevard at 88th Avenue, Sunset Beach
- Sunset Vista Lot, 120th Avenue and Gulf Boulevard, Sunshine Beach
- White Egret Lot, 126th Avenue, Sunshine Beach