The City of Treasure Island is looking for original and inspiring artwork to help create our new beach information signs. The City will be holding a Beach Sign Art Contest open to everyone ages 10 years old and up. Artwork will be judged by a panel of judges to select finalists in five categories. Finalists will have their original art work featured on one of the City’s new beach information signs. The goal of the program is to have original art work beach signs to promote keeping our beaches and water clean and beautiful.
Criteria for Art & Description – Each entry must be composed of a piece of artwork and a description (on the entry form). All entries must meet the requirements below. Click HERE for the entry form.
Eligibility – Anyone ages 10 and up. Art work submitted must be created by the individual.
ARTWORK & DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
2. The entries must be on a single sheet of 8.5” x 11” paper, landscape.
3. Use white, non-glossy paper; do not laminate.
4. Any art medium may be used (e.g., colored pencils, crayons, paint); however, computer graphics will not be accepted. Artwork must be hand-drawn.
5. Artwork must be flat (e.g., no glued pieces or glitter) and able to be scanned.
6. Avoid using brand names in the artwork.
7. A description of no more than 75 words must accompany the artwork (space provided on the entry form).
8. Label each entry on the back in pencil (marker bleeds through the artwork) with name, address and telephone number and email address.
There should be one entry form filled out per entry. Please ensure that the entry form is filled out completely and legibly and is signed. All entries (entry form + artwork) must be submitted via mail (postmarked) or hand-delivered to the Recreation Department at Treasure Island City Hall,
120 108th Avenue, Treasure Island, FL 33706, no later than 4pm. on March 30, 2018.
Competition Process – A judging panel will collect all entries and select up to 5 to 10 finalists in the following five categories:
- Best Overall
- Best Anti-Litter Message
- Best Original
- Best of ages 10 to 14 years old (at the time of submittal)
- Best of ages 15 to 18 year old (at the time of submittal)
Entries (entry form + artwork) should be mailed or hand-delivered to:
ATTN: Beach Sign Art Contest, City of Treasure Island, 120 108th Avenue, Treasure Island, FL 33706
Note: all entries including artwork become the property of the City of Treasure Island. All entries submitted are a public record. The number of finalists in each category will be based on the proportion of entries received. Entries (artwork and description) will be judged on the creativity, artistic presentation, and how it would translate into a sign.